blown front speaker

Scalmanini Steve sscalmanini at
Wed Aug 28 02:01:14 EDT 2002

I repaired my front-left in Spring.  I followed
Brett's document that he posted references to earlier
this year (Feb or March?) and everything worked out
fine.  ' replaced all the electrolytic capacitors for
under $10.00 net in parts plus a tube of shoe goo (?)
and voila, it's worked fine since.  (Actually, it
didn't work the first time; I had to resolder all
their leads on the top side of the board after
initially soldering only the bottom side; then it
worked fine.)  I used a relative's soldering iron
that's designed for PC board work as I don't have one.

See Brett's posts back then ... or exchange the
assembly at a dealer for a few hundred dollars.

I bought several sets of extra parts from Digikey
(quantity discounts were significant for surprisingly
small quantities) so if you want a set (and a copy of
Brett's writeup with edits I still owe him, and some
extra interfacing if you shred some of yours, etc.)
let me know offline.

Ukiah, CA

... front door speaker assembly.  Anybody replaced
this recently?

Do You Yahoo!?