ps pump rebuild

Brian Link BrianL at
Wed Dec 18 13:55:16 EST 2002

The archives on audifans and the Bentley show the pump rebuild in
detail.  You really will need a draglink socket and a impact driver.
You will need the rebuild kit for the 10v pump...try the
list it for $15.  If you want to change every seal you will need a gear
puller and a arbor press.  Or you can just change the 7 internal o-rings
with no special tools, which will probably solve your problems.  Don't
over tighten the belt, I did and I did not have power assist while
tuning right.

Piece of cake job to do.

Brian Link

Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:54:25 -0500
To: 200q20v <200q20v at>
From: Peter Schulz <peschulz at>
Subject: Pentosin volcano here...

I have pentosin burbling through the reservoir cap.
Did a search on audifans and it appears that the hydraulic pump is
pumping air, causing some of the foaming...

which means pump replacement.

Chris Miller kindly offered me a "spare", as I prolly don't have the
time to go ahead and rebuild the pump...
but if I do....any tips on the rebuilding?>