Climate control trouble ...

Martin, Gary G MartinGG at
Wed Dec 18 19:35:30 EST 2002

It might be the temp regulating flap motor. See  go to 'repair index page' and
then to '#87 A/C temperature regulating flap'. Mine used to warm the car up
okay, but then would cycle back and forth from cold to hot. It definitely
would keep you awake on a long drive in the Winter...  I tried contact
enhancer and that would work for awhile, but eventually I ended up replacing
the flap motor. Should cost about $60.  There also is a section about
reading error codes from the A/C.  HTH

Gary Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun Rao [mailto:rao at]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 4:56 PM
To: '200q'
Subject: Climate control trouble ...

Anyone fixed a similar problem recently? Cabin temperature control is
terrible ... I can get it to work (sort of) by cranking up the temperature
to HI and backing off slowly to where I want it, but it's a pain in the

My old '85 5Kt had a similar problem, and the problem was supposedly the A/C
programmer.  Anyone replaced their programmer recently? Or fixed the problem
any other way?

Help appreciated!

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or
privileged information.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If
you think that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail of the error and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.  Aetna