What is a Drag link socket?

Arun Rao rao at pixar.com
Thu Dec 19 13:19:54 EST 2002

And, because I know we all like to fill our heads with auto trivia, a
drag link is a steering (?) part on good ol' American Jeeps and other
4WD trucks.  How appropriate :-)

What's even more peculiar is that Audi should prescribe such a
non-Teutonic tool for this repair: I'm surprised our cars don't die
from allergic reaction!


On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 12:51  PM, Kneale Brownson wrote:

> At 01:22 PM 12/19/2002 -0500, SuffolkD at aol.com wrote:
>> --
>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>> Lister(s):
>> Please, what is a drag link socket?
>> -Scott in BOSTON
> It's a socket (various drive sizes, but the one the Bentley recommends
> is
> 1/2" drive) that has what looks like a large flat-bladed screwdriver
> bit as
> its working end.  Looks like:

More information about the 200q20v mailing list