What is a Drag link socket?

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Thu Dec 19 21:25:51 EST 2002

At 1:22 PM -0500 12/19/02, SuffolkD at aol.com wrote:
>Please, what is a drag link socket?

A drag link socket looks like an enormous, stubby screwdriver tip.
The tip thickness is about 1/8". The one I used--a 3/8" sq. drive
(NAPA #NB-95)--was 11/16" wide, so I  needed to grind away about
1/16" from each end to make it fit snugly in the recess of the
hydraulic pump caps.

 From what I recall, the "drag link" is a component used in some Ford
suspension (or steering?) systems, and this tool is needed to
disassemble the drag link. Works like a charm to remove and install
the caps on the Audi pumps--but definitely must use it with an impact
wrench to loosen the caps.

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY USA
'91 200q	(135 Kmiles, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (58 Kmiles, Tornado red)