What is a Drag link socket?

Scalmanini Steve sscalmanini at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 23:47:12 EST 2002

... a non-Teutonic tool ...?

I don't know about that, but I've had mine since
having to remove the two plugs that hold in the oil
overpressure relief springs and pistons in the old
air-cooled VW engines in the '70s.  And those've
been made since the '30s, although the relief
valves may have been added later.

My $.02 worth.

Ukiah, CA

PS: And the forged 90-degree arm between the steering
gearbox and the tie rods on the old Type 2 VW vans was
called the drag link, if I recall correctly from
replacing one wayyyyy back then.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.

More information about the 200q20v mailing list