[200q20v] Updates on freeway stranded car

PeterBergin at aol.com PeterBergin at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 12:54:21 EST 2002

Adam, I had a similar problem with my old 1986 TQ Avant. The first time it
was the sensor in the distributor.

The second time it was a two fold problem with the exact same symptoms you
       1) Failed solder joint in the computer, intermittently, mostly during
           start up.
       2) shortly after a timing belt job at a shop. I discovered that the
timing was
           changing slightly by its self.  To make a long story short, the
key cast into
           the lower crank pulley had snapped off, and the pulley was moving
           which caused the timing to be enough out of range for the computer
           to shut off the spark and injection.
The shop that did the timing belt job could not find this problem, nor could
a reputable Audi dealer.

Needless to say, I spent countless time, aggravation and $$'s on this

Good luck! Let me know what you find.

91 Avant