Who knows a mechanic who's willing to rebuild a PS pump?

Dave Haupt quattrodave at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 10:27:27 EST 2002

Fellow listmates,

Someone suggested that it only requires an hour for a
mechanic to rebuild the Power Steering Pump on these
Audis.  Well, I've now contacted 20 mechanics in my
county, and none of them are willing to rebuild a

I don't have the tools, and know my limits when it
comes to hydraulic work, and this is beyond it.  Has
anybody had a mechanic actually rebuild one of these
pumps?  It occurs to me that paying such a mechanic,
plus shipping both ways, still would be more
cost-effective than buying a remanufactured ZF pump.
I could be wrong, but I'm willing to get the quotes!

Do You Yahoo!?