[200q20v] Headlight Protection Films

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 8 12:17:28 EST 2002

>When I stopped by Stongard's office, I picked up some samples.
>The samples measured 2mm thick, and found I had a Stongard brochure, that
>quotes 80mil thickness.
>Hope it helps, for whatever it is worth.
>BTW, my warranty claim (improper size cut for 200 euro's) has nothing to do
>with the 3M material, that appears to work as advertised, as protection, no
>guarantee something can break a headlight if big enough.

Although I can understand (and share) your unhappiness with the
quality of fit, I don't understand the justification for the warranty
complaints being voiced in this thread. The complaints are based on
Stongard's innaccurate dimensions (relative to Audi's eurolights),
correct? So I wonder, since you all must have noticed--prior to
installation-- that the Stongard films were *obviously* too small to
cover the entire lens, what compelled you to go ahead and install

When my Stongard order arrived, I saw that it was not going to give
complete coverage, and although I was disappointed, I (like you, I
presume)  decided to go ahead and install it. In doing that I
accepted a small additional risk of damage rather than go through the
bother of returning the item. If my headlight suffers damage because
of the unprotected area, I'll be unhappy, but I won't feel I have
anyone but myself to blame. This is a clear case of Caveat Emptor.
Yes, I do feel that complaining to Stongard about the poor design/fit
is justified. Stongard would be wise to either reimburse purchasers
or replace the item with one of more adequate size.

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY
'91 200q	(130 kmiles, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (57 kmiles, Tornado red)
	mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net