[200q20v] Window regulators -- maybe we're on to something?

Dave Haupt quattrodave at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 10:22:40 EST 2002

The door panel is off, the window regulator is
completely removed.  So, moving the glass up and down
by hand means you're only moving the glass.  I gather,
from your comment, that the glass should fall merely
from the force of gravity?

I'll check the Bentley again, but I did not see any
adjustment procedure in there for the glass itself.

Are you aware of a procedure that will adjust this, or
loosen the glass?

Sure do appreciate the experience from the list!

--- Peter Schulz <peschulz at cisco.com> wrote:
> Dave:
> You really need to get the inner door panel off to
> see what is happening.
> When the cable breaks, the window will slide down.
> If the pulleys are binding, and causing to window to
> go down slowly, that
> may lead to the cable eventually snapping.
> or the issue may be with the plastic gearbox driving
> the cable.
> -Peter

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!