Crutchfield speaker adapter..........

George Sidman sidman at
Wed Jul 10 15:46:40 EDT 2002

Dan:    Be careful here. I have had good success with the Crutchfield
adapter solution, but the last Sony head unit I installed contained a
mosfet chip that set up a hum in the rear speakers through the
adapter. The mosfet conflicted with the rear speaker amp. Crutchfield
would not replace or refund, so a fresh wire install was required. Not
a terrible job - a better solution - and leaves more room for the next
head unit needed. Make sure your new head unit is indeed compatible
through the amp.
George Sidman, President
Monterey Network Center
sidman at