Boost and TDC and distributors (now rotor alignment and "special tools")

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at
Mon Jul 22 14:13:03 EDT 2002

Bernie, Chris, and Scott,

Thanks for the info.  That's pretty much what I assumed; the tool is
unnecessary as long as you know what to look for.  I know that when I
changed my distributor I was able to eyeball via the hash marks and had no

Derek P

>From: QSHIPQ at
>To: dbpulvino at
>CC: 200q20v at
>Subject: Re: Boost and TDC and distributors (now rotor alignment and
>"special tools")
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:05:12 EDT
>3223 is only refernced in the 90q and the 200tq manual.  Which leads me to
>believe that it's the ability to not view it directly that was the reason
>the tool.  IME, unecessary if you have a mirror and a flashlight.
>In a message dated 7/20/02 2:07:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
>dbpulvino at writes:
> > I want to clarify, or more accurately confirm my assumption with some
> > info.  With reference to the distributor alignment, the Audi "3223
> > tool" will just align the rotor on the distributor with the TDC hash
> > correct?  In which case, it is unnecesary to the degree that your eyes
> > accurate?

Join the world=92s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.