Front brakes drag

Martin, Gary G MartinGG at
Tue Jun 11 21:08:19 EDT 2002

Did you check the pins that the calipers slide on, to make sure they are
well lubed and that the caliper is free to move?

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Olson [mailto:project20vt at]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 7:49 PM
To: 200 20v
Subject: Re: Front brakes drag

My brakes have been converted to standard. It's
getting really annoying because the pads get hot and
seem to make a humming noise. I'm still trying to
decide what to do first. I'm going to rebuild the
steering rack. DO you think that will help?
--- Kneale Brownson <knotnook at> wrote:
> UFO's or converted front brakes?
> At 07:00 PM 06/09/2002 -0700, Justin Olson wrote:
> >My front brakes drag lighly all the time. It will
> go
> >away when the steering wheel is turned in certain
> >directions. It will also go away when I apply the
> >brakes softly. It seems to me that it is something
> >wrong with the PS pump or rack. I have a small leak
> >from the ps rack. Could this cause it? It's done it
> >ever since I bought the car 2.5 months abo. Is this
> >common problem?

Do You Yahoo!?
200q20v at

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or
privileged information.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If
you think that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail of the error and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.  Aetna Inc.
[ Content of type application/ms-tnef deleted ]