good news on archive front

Brett Dikeman brett at
Sat Jun 15 14:29:55 EDT 2002

I found a CD with a complete backup of ALL 200q20v archives.

The caveat is that I believe we didn't HAVE archive functionality for
a while...until we switched to  Mailman...which happened in
1999...but it's been so long I can't remember.  Still, that's a year
or two of "history" back on the plate.  Until yesterday when I found
the CD rummaging around my storage space in NY, I thought I had
accidentally deleted the disk volume with all the mailman
stuff...nope!  I backed it up like a good little system administrator

In a really sneaky move, I think I might make these older archives
only available via the new archive system as both motivation for me
to get back to work on it...and to force people to look/use the new
system to give me feedback, desired features, etc.

Currently however the MLDB system lacks even a basic search page,
which will be fixed very soon, it's near the top of the list of todos.

Stay tuned!