Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Wed Jun 19 16:44:29 EDT 2002

At 03:33 PM 6/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Replaced the distributor in the Titan grey wagon this past weekend.
>What was the reason for replacement?  Just curious...noise?  Broke?

I was troubleshooting a misfire on the wagon -
#5 plug wire arced to the manifold (doh!)

removed plug wires (stiff)
removed cap ( worn)

Distributor had been clearly replaced (anti tamper removed)

Distributor  had wrong rotor (worn)

My choices were to :
a. assume that since it appeared to be replaced, leave it, crush the rotor and install and glue the new correct rotor ...
b. pull the Distributor , MAKE sure that it had a metal gear, then replace the rotor.

Since it turned out that the Distributor had a plastic gear, I'm glad I pulled it .

Now to await the GB on the metal gears and then install it on the other wagon

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey