towing with 20v

Brett Dikeman brett at
Mon Jun 24 16:54:55 EDT 2002

At 1:16 PM -0600 6/24/02, Jeremiah Curry wrote:
>Howdy all,
>would it be possible for me to tow a Jeep cj-5 or the like with my 200?  I
>am looking to buy a 4x4 just for wheeling in moab and don't really want to
>drive it all the way from Salt Lake.

All depends upon tongue weight and total trailer weight.  Owners
manual covers those limits.  As for a hitch, DaLan is one of the best
hitch makers for Audis around.  I believe the wagon is more difficult
to install a hitch on than the sedan.

If the car has G60 brakes, I'd be much more concerned about towing
than if it were UFO equipped, for obvious reasons.