who wants Bilstein HDs

Freed, David (Exchange) dfreed at bear.com
Tue Jun 25 17:58:04 EDT 2002

Upper bearings are not able to be accessed later without disassembling the
strut.  At $18 each, they are cheap insurance (sorry Bernie but the cost of
doing it a second time makes this cost effective).  Usually they aren't
needed.  The upper mounts can be changed later and only require a
realignment.  At $50 each they aren't worth it unless there are obvious
signs of cracks in the rubber.  You can't use bump stops or boots on
Bilsteins as they don't fit at all.  The shaft is too big and they aren't
needed by design of the Bilsteins.  Actually the shocks are built upside
down internally, so there is no need for a boot and there are internal bump

So get bearings, check mounts and forget the rest.  BTDT

Dave Freed  '93 S4, '91 200 TQA

If your looking for more people for a Bilstein GP then this should be
forwarded to the S-Car list also.  The shocks are the same part numbers
unless they want Sport shocks.