Magnefine experience?

Linus Toy linust at
Fri Mar 8 19:38:16 EST 2002

At 09:42 PM 3/8/2002 -0500, Kneale Brownson wrote:
>At 06:06 PM 03/08/2002 -0800, Linus Toy wrote:
> >Anyone here have experience using a Magnefine filter?
> >
> >ipd sells these for Volvo AT and PS circuits.  Apparently, Ford uses one in
> >the Taurus PS circuit, and I saw them in Blaufergnugen's print catalog
> >(couldn't find it on their web-site).  (search google for a few other
> vendors)
> >
> >These would normally be plumbed into the return line, between the assisted
> >device and the reservoir--so which circuit do we put it into on our cars
> >with two assisted devices (PS rack and Brake servo)?
>There's only one return line between the reservoir and the pump :~)

Right.  But there's a return line from the rack to the reservoir, and a
return line from the servo to the reservoir.  Putting a filter between the
reservoir and the pump risks cavitating the pump--that's strictly a suction
line, with no pressure from the reservoir side.

*  Linus Toy                      Insanity is doing the same thing   *
*  Mercer Island, WA              you've always done and expecting   *
*  linust at          different results                  *
*                                      - Roger Milliken              *