tranny (?) noise

McCoy, Charlie CMcCoy at
Thu Mar 14 07:12:19 EST 2002

I've had the EXACT same problem, ultimately requiring a new stereo to cure
the problem.  I replaced the tranny myself (and I thought I was pretty
accurate with driveshaft alignment-but how accurate could I be with a 2x4?).
Same deal, pulling up on the shifter takes away the noise.  Hard
acceleration/braking stops noise.  It's been going on now for 20,000
miles-no louder, no softer.  Car is driven 100 miles everyday, so non-use
isn't an issue.

Any other ideas?

Charlie McCoy