Tie rod seperated from end

Ingo Rautenberg irautenberg at comcast.net
Sat Mar 23 17:33:33 EST 2002

Never heard of such a failure.  Frozen tie rod -- yes.  Thread completely
stripped resulting in separation -- No.  I'm not so sure you have any thread
on the receiving side, either.  I personally wouldn't risk the weld
breaking.  Too bad you don't have AAA plus (100 miles free towing).

Good Luck.

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified  + '83 Urquattro