Rear Window Dead

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at
Wed Mar 27 11:11:05 EST 2002

Thanks all for the suggestions.  Tried checking fuses the other day but
couldn't tell from the info in the fuse box which one might have applied to
the rear windows.  I'll also check the lighter, and as suggested by Scott J,
see if the sunroof works.

I've messed with the the drivers door switch, so know that's not the
problem, and remember that the windows will not operate from the drivers
door controls, and this happened after what appeared to be an overload
condition, so I think wiring problems are pretty unlikely.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Hopefully tonight the window will close again.

Derek P

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:18:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Chris Covington <malth at>
To: Derek Pulvino <dbpulvino at>
Cc: <200q20v at>
Subject: Re: Rear Window Dead

It's probably the regulator, when mine went it behaved as if the
switch was bad (and it would short if you tried to apply power manually).
Could be rear window switches?  I can't believe they all went bad, but it
could happen.  In the CQ, for instance, the switches are wired in such a
way that if one goes out (the passenger side for instance), the driver
side one won't work either.

'91 200q20v