Broken exhaust manifold studs

Jobe Tichy bimmer_dude at
Thu Mar 28 19:05:21 EST 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Good call on the Easy Out....Like I said, I had never tried that route, but
rather have it in the tool box as another weapon in the Audi game.
Fortunately, the nut/to/nut thing works really well.

'91 200tq 20v

'84 BMW 318i (modified)
>From: Fundsalo Racing
>To: Jobe Tichy , eyvind.spangen at, quattro at
>CC: 200q20v at
>Subject: Re: Broken exhaust manifold studs
>Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:47:34 -0800 (PST)
> > OR, if you have enough
> > clearance to get a drill in there (with variable
> > speed) you can use an
> > "Easy-Out" (R) which will drill into the stud and
>=2E...then will snap off leaving the broken 'easy-out'
>locked tightly forever into the stud and a real mess
>to deal with.....
>0.5 :)
>-glen "If we give up our freedom as the price of security, we will no long=
be the great nation that we are"
>United States Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as quoted
by the Tucson Citizen
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards=AE

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at[1].