soundgate saga revisited, part II

Brett Dikeman brett at
Fri Mar 29 15:31:46 EST 2002

>At this point, I'm thinking of trying to directly connect the preamp
>outs from the head unit(Blaupunkt, which means 2.2v preouts, which is
>the same as the Bose system inputs.)  I think I have a spare harness
>plug to do this without modification to the car's wiring.
>I have a feeling I'll get a typical amp "pop", but what the
>least I'll be able to listen to the stereo for more than 5 minutes at
>a time.

So much for that idea.  I just got through moving the RCAs over to
the chopped soundgate harness.

Turning the unit on, off, switching tracks, pushing buttons etc cause
earth-shattering pops...inputs are obviously not matched or
something.  Except for the really loud pops every so often, however,
the audio sounded fantastic.