BIRA UFO conversion

TM t44tq at
Fri Mar 29 23:40:31 EST 2002

On the contrary, Chi:

The BIRA System 2 UFO setup has a significantly improved pedal feel
and modulation and has the ability to brake hard enough to make the
tread blocks on my Nokian NRWs squirm. The OEM UFOs do not have this

You can drive these brakes quite hard w/o any change in pedal feel-
I'll report back when the car gets on the track, hopefully this summer,
once I get my helmet and am signed up for track time.

You just didn't go fast enough, Chi! You won't feel the difference
in braking at very low speeds, but try a panic stop at 50-60 and you'll
immediately feel the difference.

I wouldn't count on 17" wheels being required. If I can do it this
I'll test-fit a couple sets of 16" wheels and let everyone know about
fitment of 16s.

If you track your car, this is the way to go, IMHO. And nothing beats
excellent pad change setup of the Porsche calipers.