Front spring removal

Brett Dikeman brett at
Tue May 7 17:19:20 EDT 2002

At 2:21 PM -0400 5/7/02, Peter Schulz wrote:

>just be careful with the compressed spring!

I remember Phil Payne posting about a fellow who removed the top
castle nut without using a spring compressor, thinking "car's on the
lift, it'll be fine."  I believe he said post-commotion, the hood had
a -very- large dent, they found the castle nut embedded in the wall,
and they never found the wrench.