[s-cars] RE: Oily Plugs (was ETKA)

Fred Munro munrof at sympatico.ca
Thu May 16 23:57:21 EDT 2002

I torqued the new plugs I installed on my UrS4. I put the torque wrench on
them at the next oil change - they moved a bit to come up to torque. I've
checked them every oil change for the last 60k km and they haven't loosened
up at all. Now I get to start all over again - I pick up the new plugs
tomorrow :o)
Some listers have blown a plug out of the engine, destroying the associated
coil and making one heck of a mess under the plug cover. It's worth
checking the plugs every now and then - they are known to loosen up.

Fred Munro
'94 S4