Sport seats - foam replacement

Henry A Harper III hah at
Mon May 20 10:41:50 EDT 2002

On Sunday, May 19, 2002 2:15 PM, Mike Miller [SMTP:mikemilr at]
> Has anyone tried replacing the foam in the side bolsters in their sport
> seats? Not the ones in the seat back, the ones on the seat bottom. Mine
> to be a little "tired".
> If so - difficult task? Approx. cost?

My friend James Marriott (james at has done this on his
89 200q, he says it's pretty easy and on occasion will say that I should do doesn't bother me enough at this point though. He got the foam
from Carlsen, pretty reasonable for a special Audi part at $90 or so I

Henry Harper  hah at
1991 200q, 115k, topped up with 2 cans of R12 and we'll see how that works
for a while (new drier waiting)
1988 GTI 16v, 227k, converted to to R134a w/ new receiver-drier & stop leak
stuff, fingers crossed