euro lights/ecodes

Phil Rose pjrose at
Fri May 24 15:31:11 EDT 2002

At 11:54 AM -0400 5/24/02, Dan Simoes wrote:
>Sure, labor is worth something, but the point is that we're talking
>about some $12-15 in parts and maybe an hour for a basic harness.
>I'd sell them for $150 too probably to make it worth my time, but
>personally I think I'm rolling my own.

I think you may not grasp what's involved in a proper harness, Dan.
A partial list for a proper (perhaps not within definition of
"basic") would include:

Multiple relays, weather-proof enclosure(s), heavy gauge wire for
power and ground, fuse holders, two custom adapters to connect
harness to DOT headlight supply (optional if you're willing to cut 'n
splice), various special-order Audi connector hardware to plug your
harness into the Eurolight lamp contacts, Audi "condoms" to
weatherproof the headlight connectors, etc. I'd bet $70 for parts
might be a very conservative estimate.