Hose ID

Dan Simoes dans at audifans.com
Tue May 28 16:44:36 EDT 2002

Brett Dikeman wrote:
> At 1:09 PM -0400 5/28/02, RICHARD MEZIC wrote:
> >As a measure of preventive maintenance, I changed my coolant hoses last
> >week.  While under the hood, I saw another hose that I can't ID.  Under
> >the hoses running to the radiator and under the turbo after-run pump
> >there's a hose that is connected to the block.  Fairly large diameter.
> >Not too long.  My seems VERY squishy and almost flat at one point.  It's
> >not part of the cooling system.  But it doesn't look like it's part of
> >the oiling system or the brakes/steering.
> Sounds like your crankcase breather hose; it comes off the block,
> attached to what looks like a pipe stuck in a metal sphere of sorts.
> Yours has collapsed and should be replaced.

On the 20v cars, this part was superceded with a metal part.
Is there a reason this same tube couldn't be adapted to the 200?

More information about the 200q20v mailing list