brake hose (update)

Phil Rose pjrose at
Thu Nov 7 22:43:08 EST 2002

At 6:58 PM -0500 11/7/02, Brett Dikeman wrote:
>At 6:08 PM -0500 11/7/02, Phil Rose wrote:
>>Needless to say, I advise paying close attention to your brake hoses,
>>and please do plan to replace any 11 yr-old hoses (now!)--no matter
>>how good they may "seem" to be.
>"In other news, Man in Western NY buys entire stock of Audi
>brakelines for rare model"

Heh. Actually the hoses are pretty painless to buy--about $55 for all
four (Ate brand oem type). I guess even SS braided hoses don't
actually cost very much--although I've been told that the braided
hoses have a recommended replacement interval of only 3 yrs--is that

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at