Fuel pump going bad?

Kneale Brownson knotnook at traverse.com
Sun Nov 10 19:04:37 EST 2002

New noise or just a bit more intense, Shawn?  Gas tank full or empty?  Fuel
from a different source than usual?

My pump failed entirely without ever making unusual sounds.  I ran my 5ktq
almost 100k miles with it making more noise than I ever heard in the 200q20v.

If it's a new noise and continues for the next tankful or two, I'd order a
pump.  Ought to be easier to replace in an Avant than in the confines of a
sedan trunk.