Sudden sound of escaping air at boost?

Ingo D. Rautenberg ingo at
Wed Nov 13 13:03:49 EST 2002

I had this noise a year and a half ago, but still had some boost.  It ended
up being a tear at the bottom of the hose that goes from the turbo to the
intercooler.  Temp fix was duct tape until I got a
rather-pricey-for-being-used hose from Dads in CA for ~$100+ (still cheaper
than new).  I figured it out when I blipped the throttle cable from the
right front fender side while standing in my shorts in 85+ heat and feeling
the rush of air by my feet (35 degree weather procludes that test at the
present time).

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'83 Urquattro
('90 v8q RIP)