Changing Shocks - Level of Difficulty/Special Tools

John Corbs jcorbs at
Wed Nov 13 18:07:19 EST 2002

Glanced very briefly at Bentley the other night and it appeared that the
procedure is somewhat different from that for my Son's VR6 Jetta.  Saw some
special tools specified.

I already have my home made socket with the cutout (2038?), but it looked
like there was some other "infernal device" required.  OTOH it also looked
like the front is replaced from above which appears easier.

I'm sure that there are many BTDTs on the list.

Any suggestions/guidelines/workarounds that you can suggest.

John Corbs