no start

Jeremiah Curry curryjer at
Tue Nov 26 17:56:06 EST 2002

Turned out the problem was the distributor.  Had to buy a new one ($420
installed, ouch!)  I guess a sender or seomthing was broken and they have to
replace the whole thing.

Thanks for all the help,

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-admin at [mailto:200q20v-admin at]On
Behalf Of Jeremiah Curry
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 11:45 PM
To: 200 20v List
Subject: no start

Hi all,

This morning the 200 didn't start.  More accurately it started for about 2
seconds then died.  It won't start again.  the engine turns over, but no
start.  I was thinking maybe fuel pump.  I checked the #13 fuse and that was
fine.  What is the easiest way to narrow down the problem?  I can't here the
pump and thought I could before, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help

'91 Audi 200 20v (won"t start)
'73 International Scout (won't stop)

200q20v mailing list