Retorqueing wheels/track events

Jerald S. Beer gsfent at
Tue Oct 15 11:32:19 EDT 2002

I run my 91 200q wagon with 15 mm hubcentric spacers and I long ago
replaced the bolts with studs. I have had no problems on the track with
this setup, I torque to 85 lbs. cold and check it after the first run,
when the car has cooled. If no change I will recheck after the 3rd run.
If no change I check first thing in the a.m. when cold and just once
more in the middle of the day. However, if ANY have loosened at ANY time
during the day, ALL wheels get checked before EACH run. So far, never a
problem. Just another data point.
91 200qa