Steering ( update

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Wed Oct 16 17:27:56 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernie Benz" <b.m.benz at>

> Hi Mike,
> Yours was an unusual condition, IMO.  The pump had to be sucking air into
> the supply side.  The only place for this within the pump would be the
> seal.  The more common supply side air leak is the supply hose or fitting
> the pump.
> Bernie

I just love having those "rare and unusual" failures. I was amongst the
first to have the BPV stall symptoms and also the WGFV failure along with
the burned hose under the heat shield. Thanks to Ned for picking those off!
May as well toss in rear tranny mounts and driver shaft too whilst I think
about it. At least no wrinkle in the rear fender wells or broken radiator
nipple.( replaced by PO about 110k ago).