Should I buy a 1991 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro? - need help!

Phil Rose pjrose at
Sun Oct 20 16:54:02 EDT 2002

At 11:52 AM -0700 10/20/02, robert weinberg wrote:
>hi all,
>what is a fair price to pay for a 1991 220q20v with
>120K in california? red with gray leather. very well
>as i do not know the specifics of the car just yet,
>what would be a fair price with ring brakes and with
>out. with working a/c and without.
>i checked edmunds and they state $5300-6200. dealer
>wholesale in the $4500 range. edmunds can be pretty
>brutal with their "lowballing", but what do you guys

One year ago (in western NYS) I was very happy to find a red '91 200q
(with only 57K miles) in excellent condition for a tad over $6K. I'm
still happy. Mine needed a t-belt service and the A/C didn't work. I
agree with Ed's advice--offer $5K and see. Your's probably needs a
t-belt, too, so that and the A/C represents a _potential_ $600-700 of
needed repairs (of course it might be as little as $200 if you're
lucky). Carefully check  the condition of the front brakes--the UFOs
are good brakes but expensive if rotors need to be replaced.

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY USA
'91 200q	(135 Kmiles, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (58 Kmiles, Tornado red)
	mailto:pjrose at