Boost Goes Away

Martin, Gary G MartinGG at
Fri Oct 25 22:46:02 EDT 2002

I have IA III+ and .8 bar w/engine off, key on (due to 2.5 pressure
transducer) and 1.8 bar max, so it sounds like your boost readings are
normal, since my + is good for a little more boost.

91 200 TQA
94 UrS4

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Mullane [mailto:tmullane at]
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 7:11 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Boost Goes Away

Hello All,

At rest, key on, engine off, the boost gauge reads .8 bar.  "Full" boost is
1.6 bar, usually.  I am running the IA stage III chip and have struggled
through a few issues since chipping back a couple of months ago (not chip
related). I have replaced the OXS, the intake temp sensor, plugs, and wires;
I also treated the MAF and TPS with Stabilant 22a. How do my boost numbers
sound?  In the ballpark, or am I low?  Thanks.

Tom Mullane
Hartford, CT
91 200Q
99 AQ6
93 90

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or
privileged information.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If
you think that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail of the error and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.  Aetna