roof rack options

davidb01 davidb01 at
Thu Oct 31 16:46:31 EST 2002

I use the following Thule mounts to clamp a system to our wagon rails:

IME, they work perfectly, and make for very quick, lockable
install/de-install of the system.  No roof contact at all.  I drove back
east last year w/2 bikes on 'lockjaw'-type carriers, and had no problems.
To my knowledge, this is the ONLY one that works w/our Audi wagon OEM
rails - I searched everywhere, and everyone, including Yak & Thule
factories, told me they had no application for our wagon.  Of course, what
they really mean is that, due to the low sales volume of our cars, they have
not deemed it worth their while to determine & publish a 'fit'.

David Brill
Hillsboro, OR
'91 200q20v Lago Avant, 140k