Timing Belt Q

Ingo Rautenberg irautenberg at comcast.net
Mon Sep 16 22:38:07 EDT 2002

So as I'm cleaning up the garage to make room for the headgasket replacement
plus timing belt, water pump, etc. project this week/end, I thought I'd look
at the belt I ordered some months ago and check the Part No. against the
Family Album, just for kicks.

Hmm... It's a continental Belt 054 109 119 A, but Family Album says it
should be the 054 109 119 G.  The 054 109 119 A technically is for the NA
90Q20v motor.  Is there a difference or are these interchangeable?  Is the
"G" supposed to be a stronger piece?

Those of you with belts in hand and contemplating same, what do you have?

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'83 Urquattro
('90 v8q RIP)