boost flutter?

Ingo D. Rautenberg ingo at
Tue Sep 17 11:18:24 EDT 2002

Hmm.  I don't really get a boost flutter unless the wick is really turned
up -- wastegate screw turned down (not at present ) and then only above 20
psi.  I don't experience the pause or stepping that you guys do (Hoppen/MTM
chip).  I have feeling it's from either too much boost and the ECU scaling
things back a bit or it's the efficiency limit of the K24 (technically I
believe 22 psi) or from air leakage from an otherwise closed loop system due
to excessive boost....

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'83 Urquattro
('90 v8q RIP)