brakes or lack thereof

Mike Miller mikemilr at
Fri Sep 20 15:18:17 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ingo D. Rautenberg" <ingo at>

> Steering puzzles me, but otherwise I'd say check the rubber hoses if
> the original ones as I've seen these crack/split on higher mileage/older
> cars.  Check both front and rear ones.  Could also be brake Master
> though.
> Ingo

It is definately the hose. Called my parts guy and he is shipping me a
couple replacements. I was talking to him and he says "wow - those suckers
are expensive" Not something one likes to hear :-).  Factory were $77 ea and
aftermarket ( ATE) are $35 ea. Wasn't a tough choice.

mike miller
quattroless in helmville mt til about wednesday