Glowing red Turbo

Brett Dikeman brett at
Sun Apr 13 03:09:11 EDT 2003

At 11:16 PM -0400 4/12/03, Chewy4000 at wrote:

>Sun. I'll be looking into my cooler, compression test and timming.
>Any advice would be helpfull

Pull the plugs to check to see if one cylinder is flooding, or if they all are?

Fetch the codes to see if the ECU thinks anything is wrong?

Oh- btw, this sounds like what you'd have if your fuel pressure
regulator was either dead, or the vacuum plumbing to it isn't
healthy.  If it doesn't see a nice vacuum at idle, the fuel pressure
will be way too high and the engine will run very rich.  If you have
a hand vacuum tester(mityvac or similar), disconnect at the back of
the IM the hose that T's off to the computer and the FPR, and try to
apply a vacuum to it.