Glowing red Turbo

The Shadow TheShadow at
Sun Apr 13 16:03:11 EDT 2003

Also sounds like missing spark.

Unburned fuel into the turbo at idle in a few minutes will result in a red

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-admin at [mailto:200q20v-admin at] On
Behalf Of Brett Dikeman
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 11:09 PM
To: Chewy4000 at; 200q20v at
Subject: Re: Glowing red Turbo

At 11:16 PM -0400 4/12/03, Chewy4000 at wrote:

>Sun. I'll be looking into my cooler, compression test and timming.
>Any advice would be helpfull

Pull the plugs to check to see if one cylinder is flooding, or if they all

Fetch the codes to see if the ECU thinks anything is wrong?

Oh- btw, this sounds like what you'd have if your fuel pressure
regulator was either dead, or the vacuum plumbing to it isn't
healthy.  If it doesn't see a nice vacuum at idle, the fuel pressure
will be way too high and the engine will run very rich.  If you have
a hand vacuum tester(mityvac or similar), disconnect at the back of
the IM the hose that T's off to the computer and the FPR, and try to
apply a vacuum to it.

200q20v at