Front Rotor Question

Scalmanini Steve sscalmanini at
Mon Apr 14 19:50:22 EDT 2003

The contact information for the only machine shop that
commonly turns UFOs can be found at Chris Miller's
site.  Look at the "Turning UFO rotors" link at  < >.

I have consistently measured runout of ~.0005" after
mounting the 6 or so rotors I've had turned there.

They start vibrating the steering wheel when they
runout somewhere between .002" and .003".

' used to run ~$50.00 ea to have turned.

Good luck,

Ukiah, CA

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:02:37 -0600

I am wondering if the UFO type front rotors for
GIRLING brakes can be turned.

Do you Yahoo!?