Any advice on safety of pluged tires

Joshua C smuckycat at
Fri Apr 25 12:25:24 EDT 2003

Last night I noticed that one of my AVS db's with about 10k on them was
getting flat, upon closer inspection I found 2 nails in it.  both are fairly
small nails and punctured the tread surface (as opposed to sidewall).  I
have put plugs in a tire before but it was only a short time before I
replaced due to wear.. Anyone have any advice on longer term plugging?  Is
it safe, what does it do to the tires rating?
thanks in advance-Josh

Joshua Cummings
1991 200 avant
1973 Alfa Romeo GTV