Help...Cat Converters

Todd Phenneger tquattroguy at
Fri Aug 1 10:22:51 EDT 2003

  Just put a nice high flow cat on there and be done with it.
Esp on our TUrbo Motors they like a free flowing exhaust system.
 Also, our OXS sensors are in our downpipes, so any generic free
flow CAT will work.  Go to the local Muffler shop and pay them a
couple Hundred Bucks to put on a CATCO or similar.
  OR...Order a nice high flow unit for like $80 and go to a
friend that can weld and make your own flanges using the parts
from your old Cat.  But the Muffler shop is a lot easier.

--- henry at wrote:
> Folks, I need your help.
> In order for my 91 200q 20V Wagon to pass California emissions
> I must
> replace Both Catalytic Converters.
> New from the Dlr are $1,076.00 Each, plus $46.00 for gaskets.
> I am reluctant to put any "Universal" as I cannot assess the
> consequences in terms of diminish performance.
> Anyone has a good source for Factory OEM Remanufactured?
> Thanks for all your help.
> Henry.
> 91 200q 20V, 88 5000cs q 10v.
> _______________________________________________
> 200q20v mailing list
> 200q20v at

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

More information about the 200q20v mailing list