Help...Cat Converters

Tom Mullane tmullane at
Sat Aug 2 20:31:31 EDT 2003

I had a Connecticut Catalytic Converter rebuild mine for $250.  Looks like
new and fits like a glove.

Tom Mullane
Hartford, CT
1991 200Q (For Sale)
1991 CQ
1999 A6Q

Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:22:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Todd Phenneger <tquattroguy at>
Subject: Re: Help...Cat Converters
To: henry at, 200q20v at

  Just put a nice high flow cat on there and be done with it. Esp on our
TUrbo Motors they like a free flowing exhaust system.  Also, our OXS sensors
are in our downpipes, so any generic free flow CAT will work.  Go to the
local Muffler shop and pay them a couple Hundred Bucks to put on a CATCO or
  OR...Order a nice high flow unit for like $80 and go to a friend that can
weld and make your own flanges using the parts from your old Cat.  But the
Muffler shop is a lot easier. l8r