149 ft lbs + 1/4 turn + 3/8" drive = snap!

Steve Scalmanini sscalmanini at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 14:48:43 EDT 2003

Thanks, Joe.  I was finally able to find a 1/2" drive 17mm Allen
socket, like you described, at an industrial supply store in town.
Proto brand.  Made in USA.  Guaranteed forever.  Cost ~ $20 as yous

Ukiah, CA

--- Jobe Tichy <bimmer_dude at hotmail.com> wrote:

... I found ... a 1/2" drive socket with about 4" of 17mm HARDENED
hex key that is held in with a cotter pin, so if the hardened 17mm
hex breaks or bends, it is replaceable.  This thing is HARD CORE
and I definitely think it would be up to your task.

I bought mine from a place called TOOL TOWN in Seattle, Washington.
(206) 878-1148 The cost was $18 but WELL WORTH IT.  I have several
Audi/BMW friends so all have or will use this tool for this
occassion or drain plugs because, in all honesty, I don't think
anything will stand in the way of this tool.  It is very high
quality, and importantly, has the hardened hex so it is very,
very strong.

Do you Yahoo!?