Alarm flakyness (rear hatch switch?)

Mike Del Tergo mdeltergo at
Mon Aug 11 13:27:13 EDT 2003

I think I may be in the minority with a "working" factory alarm in my avant.
  Until recently that is.
The alarm has started audibly arming itself when I turn off the ignition.
Kinda hard to leave the car without setting it off.  I've run through the
Bentley tests and most seem fine.  Embarrassingly I am not able to
put my fingers on the rear hatch courtesy light/alarm switch.  Bentley shows
location for the sedan, any help?  I ran all the way around the perimeter of
the hatch and the jamb, nothing, is it internal?
Best way to bypass the whole shebang if necessary?

Protect your PC - get VirusScan Online